Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One Year!!! Already!!!



I can't believe this little ham is already one! This year has gone by so fast...I sat in the glider rocker the "eve" of him turning one staring at his sleepy, half open eyes, snoring with a pacifier hanging out of his mouth, laughing in his sleep... thinking about a year before Tim and I were on our way to the hospital in hopes of seeing him, even though 2 1/2 weeks early. To think that getting to the hospital and less than 3 hours later he arrived is crazy...I wasn't convinced that night was the night, but for the third time Tim was, and he was right (again). Tre has been such a joy to us to have around as you can see in the pictures!!



Love his baby blues that hopefully will stay blue, because they melt me every time with this sweet face!


Opening presents is a blast...eating cake too!!




Love these cheeks...still drooping! He was 29 pounds and 32 inches at his 12 month check up. Slightly shorter than Isaiah but heavier...and bigger than his big sister (thank goodness!).

Trejan James Smith...words cannot express the love we all have for you "chubby button sea turtle, bubba, little Tre Man, chubbo". You are such a wonderful, funny, handsome, sweet little man. I still even at the end of this blog cannot believe that one year has gone by already. It seemed to just fly by, as I was going through all of his newborn clothes I can almost still see him fitting in them, the smell of dreft on the sleepers, finding the newborn MAM pacifiers I am pretty sure he could swallow whole now if he tried, and his University of Texas swaddler he came home in...the sleepless nights, teething, scary breathing issues he had early will all just be a distant memory, but ones that I hope I never forget...we thank God for you every day buddy!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jamie, what a sweet post. A year sure does go fast. I'm so thankful for it, wish I could slow it down, but am excited for every new day. Love your family!

    ReplyDelete